Blast mitigation coating PX-3350
As a blast mitigation coating, PAXCON PX-3350 flexes and absorbs energy released from an explosion. Critical buildings can be coated to help protect personnel against fragmentation caused by a bomb blast. Walls coated by PX-3350 will flex and fragment in the event of an explosion but will hold together preventing injury from high-speed debris. Due to its chemical composition and application process, it will adhere to almost any structural material, at any angle.
Why PAXCON works?
Un-reinforced concrete walls shatter at 2-4 psi blast pressure. PX-3350 is sprayed on the exterior and interior of the supporting walls and is touch dry in seconds. PAXCON coating has very high tensile strength and high ductility. Result - wall fragments contained up to 80+ psi blast pressure. Standoff distance is decreased by 80% - it`s the distance at which expolsion occours and damage is mitigated.
PAXCON can be applied to numerous types of structural materials:
• And more
• Recognized by the U.S. Department of Defense for high levels of protection
• Outperformed 27 competitors in simulated tests
• Utilized on the U.S. Pentagon (2002)
• Tested and Accepted by Stone Security Engineering, P.C. and Oregon Ballistic Laboratories (Stone-OBL, LLC).
• Fast Installation
• Cost Saving Relative to Other Technologies
• Proven Effective Based on Empirical and Live Blast Testing
• Retro-fit or New-build
• Environmentally Safe and Can Be Applied While a Building is Occupied
THE BLAST COATING EXPERTS
PAXCON by LINE-X has been put through numerous blast tests to make sure we can offer you the most efficient application for blast-mitigation. At Line-X Baltic, we work directly with blast experts to calculate the perfect package for your requirements. Contact us for additional information and blast-mitigation solutions.