Military Medicine Research and Study Centre
Rīgas Stradiņa universitāte
The Military Medicine Research and Study Centre (MMRSC) was created in 2017 to implement activities in the humanities and medical fields and to provide a contribution to national security and defence on behalf of RSU.
MMRSC conducts research, offers study courses and courses in continuing education, and coordinates cooperation with national and international scientific organisations in the field of military medicine.
MMRSC researchers represent Latvian interests on the Human Factors and Medicine Panel which is part of the Science and Technology Organization (STO) at NATO, as well as in several other scientific projects organised by the STO.
The MMRSC offers the following opportunities:
· To investigate new diagnostic and treatment methods, and to implement pilot projects in health technology in the field of military medicine.
· To participate in national and international projects in the field of military medicine, as well as to engage in interdisciplinary scientific studies.
· To support the development of guidelines for strategies and procurements.
Further information about the MMRSC at RSU: https://www.rsu.lv/militaras-medicinas-petijumu-un-studiju-centrs
Rīga Stradiņš University (RSU) has been a leading university since 1950, providing higher education, continuing education, research, research results, knowledge and skills in medicine and humanities.
RSU has been recognised as the university with the best reputation in Latvia, awarded with the highest reputation in Latvia, receiving the highest rating among the Top 10 universities in Latvia (Kantar TNS 2017 and 2018 in a study of Latvia’s universities).
By securing international funding and engaging international students, RSU has received the Export and Innovation Award from the Investment and Development Agency of Latvia and the Ministry of Economics.
IMPORTANT FACTS AND FIGURES
· 69 study programmes
· Over 9100 students
· Over 2200 international students
· Students from approximately 50 countries
· 11 programmes in English
· 35 study bases